Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shadows


















(Courtesy: PVR - who has such fantastic snapping prowess)

Once I lived,
Once I thrived...
In a blossomed field,
Where cherubs jived...

The world was mine,
In a million hues...
And mind was free,
It hath no rues...

Twice I fumbled,
Twice I fell...
Searching respite,
Amidst that spell...

And then I ran-
In wilderness vast...
'cause shadows hath me,
Shadows from the past...

Thrice I turned,
Thrice I strived...
To adore the field,
Where cherubs had jived...

And all I saw,
Was shadows and flames...
In a chequered time -
With all its frames...


Babble
=======
1. Originally titled "Scarecrows".

2. My nightmares - demystified.

3. As an afterthought, I realized that I could relate to "once" and "twice" as cardinal numbers : ))) Weird.

4. Yeah... I have a thing or two for running around in the wilderness... and shouting my heart out from the top a cliff... and such things.

5. Apologies to those who think its too negative... It wasnt intended to be read by the weak hearted ;D ... and I am not... I repeat I AM NOT legally responsible for whatever turbulence in emotions it causes you!

6. If you think that theres a "fourth"... then of course there is : ))))))... but you'll have to coax me into telling that ;). The poem in its current form is *incomplete* :)

10 comments:

  1. I couldn't understand the usage of numbers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of "twice", I could relate it to two times I faltered big time...

    Similar even based interpretations for "once" and "thrice".

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful...u seem to have given voice to my feelings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its always nice to hear about people who feel the same :) Thanks for taking time out to read through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid!
    'Chequered time': found that amazing!

    And your babbling is interesting too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Chetan! Its always heartening to see someone taking out time to go through one of these posts :)

      Delete