Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pop! Goes the Weasel...




(Picture Courtesy: Who else but Lord Google)

Every day I yearn for thee,
Every day I mumble...
Thats the way moments flow,
Pop! goes the weasel...

Every night I chase a ghost,
Every night I fumble...
Its nothing but your afterglow,
Pop! goes the weasel...

Here I am in all this show,
Here I am in crumble...
Thats because I feel so low,
Pop! goes the weasel...

There they say its all a game,
There they often grumble...
Thats because their minds are slow,
Pop! goes the weasel...

One by one they went away,
Leaving but a rumble...
Its desert wind that now does blow,
...And Pop! goes the weasel...


Babble
========
1. Obviously because you've reached this far so you are willing to entertain the idea that theres a remote possibility of the lines having some sane meaning. Congratulations! They do.

2. Furthermore, because you've reached this far so you are willing to entertain the idea that I'll shed some light on the theme. Well... of course I'll shed two lights because there are two themes...intertwined like a DNA double helix... Like this:



Sorry, thats how my twisted mind imagines things :)

3. "You take the color and shape of your surroundings" - someone told me aeons ago. Actually I've been honing these chameleon skills for quite some time now. So the long silence.

4. Moreover- Life happens. Weird things happen.  Weird people happen. Time happens too ;)

5. And if you are wondering whats up with this weasel business... so heres a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_Goes_the_Weasel

... to confuse you further :)))

(p.s. Actually I've loved this rhyme since childhood...loved it more after reading it during my Sidney Sheldon days in Tell Me Your Dreams...and now loving it more and more while looking at the overcast sky through my window. It will rain.)

6. La la la ♪ ♪ 

Half a pound of tuppenny rice,
Half a pound of treacle.
Mix it up and make it nice,
Pop! goes the weasel....



6 comments:

  1. hahahahaha I don't know what I enjoyed more, The poem or the Babble!! But I know this for sure that I understood neither :)) .. Pop! Goes the Weasel ;) .. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is... expectations :))) Why do you expect to understand this poem when we never understood the original nursery rhyme :D

      Pop! Goes the Weasel ;)

      Delete
  2. Truth disguised as a word-
    call it not a jumble.
    An equal music I've heard;
    Yes- 'Pop! Goes the weasel...'

    I reckon the rhyme knows where it goes and where it is taking us (a calculated chaos; a never-ending staircase that spirals to the sky; an enigma; or simply, one's own heart). I, however, will take my chance to boast of feeling a different flavour of ambivalence at reading it- the reflex that is triggered by knowledge. "Pop! Goes the Weasel...” Do you hear me?
    Thank you, yet again, 'Master Poet'. :) Loved the rhyme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The equal music that you heard,
      Are feelings when they tumble...
      I hear you; your every word-
      Yes! "Pop! goes the weasel..."

      There are things that are pleasant and then there pleasant things that become beautiful with prior context... what you've termed as "knowledge". Rhyme sounds good to those who have an eye for it. It sounds best to those who feel the vibe inside it and resonate. Theres a difference.
      Ah! the never ending staircase...
      Thanks for reading through it :)

      Delete
  3. :) Thanks to whoever gave us our 'eyes'.

    ReplyDelete