Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mumble In The Dark

(For context see the babble at bottom of the poem...)

A purple haze fills the sky,
Fleeting moments, time is spry...
A nearby shrill, its part of game, (***)
Still I wonder, whence it came...

The flowing breeze hath a tune,
An occult one, notes all strewn...
Scattered they are, in essence one,
Fresh in state, like yarn just spun...

The mysterious night holds a charm,
Of promises obscure but feelings warm...
Obscure because of darkness around,
Warm because of silence profound...

It makes me wonder, this nightly tale,
Of one revelation, left in its trail...
A revelation, that came with a spark,
Its all a game... I mumble in the dark...

(***) The line annotated is a tribute to the owl which chose to screech just as I finished the first two lines...

If you're wondering what the context of the poem is then its nothing in particular.
Just random thoughts that crossed my mind when I was awake one night.

3 comments:

  1. dude seriously purple haze?? what you too getting high?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sort of... Was kind of delirious when writing this poem... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok..strange that your thoughts rhyme.Looks like I am the only reader of your poems..not reaching the target audience...eh?

    ReplyDelete